Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fruity Dukan Cookies




Okay, fruity cookies may be a stretch, but they are fruit flavoured and they are small as a cookie...but probably closer to a short muffin.

This is an original recipe, but as far as I can see, it complies with the Dukan principles.All Dukanites need oatbran each and every day of every stage of the Dukan diet. This is how I have been having mine.

I make four dozen of these at a time (limit of my kitchen) and freeze them in four packs for enjoying with either a morning or afternoon tea. If you were attacking, the packs would only have 3 cookies.


First I preheat the oven and arrange the trays to cook as many batches at once as possible.

Then get the muffin trays out. To avoid sticking, I use spray oil, and then wipe with kitchen paper, so there is nothing visible left. This feels more like 'cleaning' the tray, rather than 'greasing' the tray.
Here are the ingredients:



For one batch I mix with a spoon
250g yoplait forme vanilla yoghurt
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
100g oatbran
1 sachet of Aeroplane light jelly crystals (provides sweetening and flavour). I like to mix it up, but try port wine, strawberry, lime, vanilla berry, mango & passionfruit ....
Once mixed, transfer, a desert spoon at a time, evenly between the cups on a 12 cup muffin tray. I then set the batch aside and then start mixing another batch in the bowl (with out washing). I have an idea that the longer these sit, the better, as the oatbran swells and takes on more of the flavour.
Here they are ready to go in the oven - mango and passion fruit, strawberry, lime and port wine flavours.




I then bake all trays at 180-200 C for 22 minutes. They spring back when touched and have a light brown appearing on some of them. I often let them cool in the trays (as I am off doing other things) and then, when cold, gently run a dinner knife around the edge to loosen before packing for storage.

Here they are ready to put into the freezer.




They freeze and defrost well, and a minute zap in the microwave will bring them from frozen to ready to eat.

Enjoy!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Hello
    Love your blog, I am based in Melbourne :-). I just started the Dukan yesterday and am also blogging about it here: mydukandietdiaries.wordpress.com

    PS: Have added you to my blogroll:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I have just started this diet and am loving your blog. I'm from Adelaide also and was finding it hard to find the specified ingrediants so this is great:)
    thanks

    ReplyDelete