Thursday, February 24, 2011

Nana Cake

Page 151 of Recipe book

Now I tried this once before without much luck, but I had another go today and it looks a better result. I think there is a step missing from the instructions which threw me last time - but this is what I did this time....

Warmed the oven to 180C
Then I separated three eggs and beat the whites until stiff.
To the yolks I added 2 heaped tablespoons cornflour (make sure it is maize, not wheat), 3 rounded dessertspoons natvia, the zest of one lemon, the juice of half a lemon, 1/2 tub philadelphia extra light and a heaped tablespoon of quark and used my mixer to beat until smooth. I then folded in the egg whites and put into a lightly greased and wiped loaf tin.
This was put in the oven for 35 mins.

The dish rises like a souffle and then settles. Last time I did it in a larger tin and it was not very impressive, in the loaf tin it looks and has a texture more like a Maderia cake. I do feel naughty eating it as it has cornflour .... which means carbs and kilojoules, but it could be nice for those days when you are really hungry.

I give it a 6.5/10. Dan gave it 6/10, saying it lacked flavour, and I suppose he is right.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment