Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Vietnamese shaking beef

P 78 of Recipe Book

This is an easy to make beef stir fry dish.

I mixed 800 g of sirloin steak (presliced) with 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons of crushed ginger, 4 sachets natvia and several grinds of black pepper in a mixing bowl and allowed it to rest for 30 minutes. I then squashed 3 cloves of garlic and sliced it into thin strips. I put a large pan on the stove and cooked the garlic, adding an addition heaped teaspoon from my jar of crushed garlic I keep in the fridge. I browned this first then added the beef and cooked for only a minute or two, stirring constantly.








I quite like this although it is a bit salty.
Scores from the boys, Dan gives it a 8.5/10, Peter a 7.5/10 and me, a 7.5/10.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment